Spring Clean with the Pilates Lifestyle
Joseph Pilates said it best: “Contrology is not a fatiguing system of dull, boring, abhorred exercised repeated daily “ad-nauseam”.”
When we commit to the practice of Pilates, we observe its principles translating into everyday life.
Pilates is life.
What is a “Pilates Lifestyle”? It’s a question that inspires a lot of beautiful responses from our Instructors and clients alike.
At PFI, a Pilates-inspired life is one where we are free and empowered to live with intention in our practice, work and personal lives. It’s only then we can create “balance” that is meaningful and works for us, not against or despite us.
It is all about: intention, balance and harmony.
Spring is upon us so now is a great time to look at how we can tap into the six Pilates principles to improve our overall happiness, health and wellbeing.
Consider the following:
- Using the Breath. Are you breathing properly? Use the breath to empower and release.
- Find Control. Challenge mind-body connection (mindfulness). What are your goals for wellness, work, and home life?
- Concentration. Are you present? Prioritise living in the moment.
- Move from the Centre. Do you live and move with intention? Take time to connect.
- Feel Flow. Are your mind and body working together?
- Prioritise Precision. Is your mind working with your body to create control movement?
Pilates gives us the opportunity to reconnect with our bodies and minds, to be our very best self! PFI offers clients access to a number of workshops every year, addressing specialised themes, skills and techniques to help you take your practice to the next level.