T & C's
Thank you for your support of the Pilates Fitness Institute. If you are not satisfied with your purchase(s), our team is here to help.
Please contact us verbally or in writing to explain the problem; and we will proceed to negotiate a solution. Refunds, account credit or transfer of credit are offered only in select circumstances and at the discretion of PFI’s Directors.
Refunds, account credit or transfer of credit are not available for Memberships that are cancelled mid-month. In this case, you will continue to have access to classes until the end of that month.
Please note that each circumstance is unique and election to make a specific offer in one instance does not create the obligation to do so in another.
Class + Studio Etiquette.
- Be punctual. Aim to arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start of class; 15-minutes for new clients. Entering a class that has already started is disruptive for the Instructor and other clients, so we ask that you do not join in if you are 10-minutes or more late.
- Please dress appropriately! Visit our FAQ page for more information on what to wear to class.
- For hygiene reasons, grip/regular socks are required in all classes (Matwork, Reformer and Studio sessions). We also ask you to bring along a yoga mat or workout towel to lay over our Studio mats.
- Food and drink (other than bottled water) are not permitted in the Studio or group class.
- Be courteous! Please wait for the class before you to finish tidying up and exit the room before entering.
- Let your Instructor know before- or at the beginning of class if you have any injuries or special requests.
- Unplug from the world! Mobile phones must be on silent. Please don’t take calls or text during class.
- To reduce trip hazard and allow more space to move, please stow all personal belongings (shoes, bags, jumpers etc) in the cubby provided.
- We pride ourselves on keeping a neat and clean space: please take a few minutes after your session to wipe down your apparatus, tidy your area and pack away props.
- To ensure everyone’s comfort, we try to keep the Studio free from strong odours. Please avoid wearing heavy scents or strong perfume to group class or Studio.
- Please listen to your Instructor’s directions and try to keep up with the progression of the class. If you need to modify an exercise (progress or scale back) and are unsure how to do so safely, please ask your Instructor.
- Our Instructors are here to help you be your very best, but so as not to disrupt the flow of group class we ask that you save any big questions or conversations about your performance for after class.
- Our team is across climate control, so you don’t have to be! Please leave any changes to room temperature to your Instructor.
- Cancel ahead of time! Although sometimes it can’t be avoided, just not rocking up to class is not only bad for your hip pocket, but it is inconsiderate to other clients who might be on the waitlist for your class and subsequently miss out.
- Please be respectful of other clients’ time, property, space and experience. Any complaints or grievances should be raised with Management or your Instructor outside of class.
Class Booking Policy.
You can book your next group class or Studio appointment direct from our timetable!
Please be aware bookings are essential for Studio Pilates, Reformer, Pregnancy and Post Natal Matwork, and Barre-classes; at all locations.
Matwork classes (Basic, Progressive, Interval and Advanced) do not require a booking, however, it is recommended for peak times.
Your class and Studio appointments can be easily managed (booked, changed and cancelled) from the one place; simply select the Client Login Menu to get started.
If a class is full you will be offered a place on the waitlist. When/if another client cancels out, the first person on the waitlist is automatically bumped into the class and will receive an email notification. If you are on a waitlist please ensure you are ready to go! If there is a chance you will be unable to attend, please take yourself off the list. You can manage a waitlist class from your schedule just like a regular booking.
For more information on booking, give us a call on (08) 9330 8900.
PFI has a four-hour cancellation window: this means that any class cancellation within four hours of start time (“late cancel”), will incur a charge. The same applies to “no shows”.
Cancel outside of the four hour window (“early cancel”), and your account will be refunded for that class.
Studio appointments have a 24-hour cancellation window: this is to provide ample time for our team to offer your spot to another client and remedy any scheduling imbalances. Cancellation less than 24-hours before your scheduled Studio appointment will incur full charge.
Our cancellation policy has been structured this way to best protect our Instructors’ time and ensure all clients enjoy fair access to classes across the timetable.
To avoid unwanted charges, please jump online to cancel your bookings or call HQ on (08) 9330 8900 and we’ll cancel your session for you.
Memberships can be “paused” for clients who are going away for an extended period of time (one week or longer); injured or unwell and unable to do Pilates. Pausing of accounts is considered on a case by case basis, and applied at Management’s discretion.
Please note that each case is unique and election to make a specific offer in one instance does not create the obligation to do so in another.
Pilates Fitness Institute is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and medical history.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, email, via our website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
PFI will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.